IS HEALTH TRULY WEALTH?

Just recently, I started to ponder on the maxim, ‘Health Is Wealth’, from which some questions started pouring out of my mind.
Is Health, Wealth? I pondered on this for a while and answers began to roll out. It became so real to me and I’d like to share this. However, no man is an island of knowledge and I would really appreciate it so well if you can contribute to this…

There are so many People at Home or at the Hospitals presently that are very sick and incapacitated depending on the ailment. Some are bedridden and they depend on their Guardians for survival. Some of their ailments are terminal while some still have hope.

I remember when I had typhoid fever sometimes ago, i was incapacitated, I was on drips for days and I had no life in me. It was as if I was empty. No strength, no energy, I couldn't even eat by myself. I was being forced to eat the little I could. It was devastating and this lasted for days. Those days were like hell for me. Thank God I was working in a Corporate Organization and my Boss loved me. Apart from this, I was on Health Insurance Scheme in the Organization and you know what that means. Guess what? They still paid me my salary despite being out of work for weeks. If it were to be another firm or organization, I would never have been paid at all. Just imagine the scenario…

For some people that live on low income, it becomes so difficult to survive since their income is even never enough to feed them talk less of buying their medications. And the pertinent thing is, there are so many of these people that fall into this category. They suffer from abject poverty and it’s all written over their faces.
A sick man (woman) doesn’t have any strength. Strength, I mean, energy. They say, energy is the ability or capacity to do work. Therefore, a sick man is a disabled man. He has no energy for any kind of work. And because he cannot work, he cannot earn wages or salaries or money. He’s going to be poor until he recuperates and strong enough to start work again. Then, he can begin to earn for himself and take care of his needs.

You are highly welcome to contribute your opinion or feedback as far as this maxim is concerned.
If you’d like to contribute to this Blog apart from this topic, kindly call Me on 2348036425536.



Post a Comment

0 Comments